Re: [Help-smalltalk] new to gst coming from VAST

From: RK
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] new to gst coming from VAST
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 20:18:56 +0100

Ildar, Paolo,

thank you very much for the valuable information!

> BLOX/Browser is a good system to *browse* things, but it is very
> immature to *write* things.

I understand, thanks. Coming from VAST at the moment I'm very much
browser-dependent :). 10 years are 10 years.

> Actually, that part is not too early for production.  At least it
> might have bitrotten a bit, but the code has the functionality and was
> relatively well tested.

As I need a very basic interface for some templating and generation,
maybe I don't need it at all - I was simply curious.

> The MySQL and SQLite bindings are tested.  They don't have (yet)
> stored procedures, which means you have to be extra careful about SQL
> injection attacks.

Hmmm I'm a PostgreSQL fan, and maybe here is the time to test it :)

> My goal is to make 3.0 the first release that is ready for production
> use, and

I'm really waiting for that and I'll test it when it appears in the
gentoo portage tree.

Thank you very much for the information! I'll read this mailing list and
continue my experiments.

Best regards

Robert