Re: [Help-smalltalk] criticism of the new syntax

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] criticism of the new syntax
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:05:04 -0600

Derek Zhou wrote:
I have to stick with the old syntax for now. Please tell me the old syntax is not going away.

Old syntax remains with Compiler package loaded. It also remains (with some minor incompatibilities) in the core. You can also define your own syntax by writing a parser and altering Stream>>#fileIn and Behavior>>#evaluatorClass.

Incidentally, Presource will continue to support all syntaxes that also work with Compiler.

--
Our last-ditch plan is to change the forums into a podcast, then send
RSS feeds into the blogosphere so our users can further debate the