[Help-smalltalk] Re: criticism of the new syntax

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: criticism of the new syntax
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 02:14:57 +0000

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 10:20 +0600, Ildar Mulyukov wrote:
> It's better to be named methodsCategory: or methodsWithCategory:

Even better would be to look at the code for STInST.GSTParser and work
out a way that the kinds of top-level blocks can be extended, perhaps
based on message name, as they all parse as RBVariableNodes or
RBMessageNodes.

That way you could experiment with different kinds of top-level blocks
without altering the core or even GNU Smalltalk at all.

I have thought about how best to provide this modularly but haven't come
up with anything good.

--
Our last-ditch plan is to change the forums into a podcast, then send
RSS feeds into the blogosphere so our users can further debate the