Re: [Help-smalltalk] #value sent by cCall?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] #value sent by cCall?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:09:23 +0100

In which circumstances might a cCall, registered as follows, invoke
#value on its argument? It happens only in a particular circumstance
(which I'm still pinning down, but seems related to global garbage
collection), which leads me to suspect it's not supposed to happen *at all*.

Never.  In fact it took me a while to understand what you meant.  :-)

    <cCall: 'SDL_Flip' returning: #int
        args: #( #cObject )>

The code is compiled as

^(##(CFunctionDescriptor for: 'SDL_Flip' returning: #int
        args: #( #cObject ))
                callInto: ValueHolder now) value

Where "descr callInto: ValueHolder now" is supposed to return its argument.