Re: [Help-smalltalk] Random exceptions terminating root process

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Random exceptions terminating root process
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:03:13 +0100

Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
Hi,

Here's the test case code I mentioned earlier. It's probably my code
that's at fault, rather than the VM, but it's still very strange behaviour.

No, it's the VM. You're right -- it's a bad idea to terminate a CallinProcess and I knew that but forgot today; it wouldn't terminate at all if it was not for those random exceptions (which are a different bug). Please file the bug report and attach the code there too.