Re: [Help-smalltalk] Build 3.0 on mingw/msys

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Build 3.0 on mingw/msys
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:33:34 +0100

Paul Butcher wrote:
Thank you for your help on this. By debugging in lib-src/symlink.c I noted that an initial forward slash is being put on the first arg (old_path). (i.e. old_path was set to "/c:/path/smalltalk/" and Windows doesn't like the initial slash. I 'cludged' a fix by resetting the string pointer to &old_path[1] in CopyFile call and all seems to work. Presumably this goes back to to scripts/Package.st where the symlink call originates? but I couldn't trace the fault myself.

I'll take a look, and I've applied the change you suggested (commit ca71f799).

What are the failures?

Thanks!