[Help-smalltalk] POP Mail client crashing

From: Stephen
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] POP Mail client crashing
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:53:47 +1300

Hi,

The POP mail client (or the way I am using it) doesn't seem to like handling messages with attachments. I get a crash like so...

Object: POPProtocolInterpreter new "<-0x4c7e1590>" error: Protocol error:
NetClients.ProtocolError(Exception)>>signal
NetClients.ProtocolError(Exception)>>signal:
NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter(NetClients.NetProtocolInterpreter)>>protocolError:
[] in NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter>>checkResponse:
NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter>>checkResponse:ifError:
NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter>>checkResponse:
NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter(NetClients.NetProtocolInterpreter)>>checkResponse
NetClients.POP.POPProtocolInterpreter>>popDelete:
NetClients.POP.POPClient>>getNewMailMessages:delete:

Here is the code I'm using:-
    client := NetClients.POP.POPClient connectToHost: popHost.
    [client
        username: popUsername
        password: popPassword.
        client login.

        client getNewMailMessages: [ :mimeEntity |
                self updateReceivedID: mimeEntity.  ]
            delete: true
    ] ensure: [client close].

For what its worth code in the getNewMailMessages: block is all completed. It fails when it goes to handle the delete: part. It doesn't matter if delete: is set to true or false.

Having said that if one does the following, there is no crash:
    client
        getNewMailMessages: [:m | ]
        delete: true

I'm running 3.0 (the problem was in 2.3.x as well).

Thank you
Stephen