[Help-smalltalk] [IDEA] WebGST, or Web Gui for GST

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] [IDEA] WebGST, or Web Gui for GST
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:47:57 +0200

Hi all,

I'm thinking about GUI over web using Seaside and Comet, and with Desktop appeareance under petition over XUL.

With Seaside and Comet, we have, the possibility to show Browsers, inspectors, Debuggers, in real time, in one page, in different tabs, you choose. And constructs an interface over XUL if user ask for it.

We can pass over external libs for a possible native look..themeable with CSS, and "light". Will run over every platform possible where an Internet Browser with Javascript support exists, and Dev Tools could be easy hidden (without removing) for a deploy. And for example, you will can develop from work, at your computer at home for example. Ot imagine connect to a VPN, and from there, open a DevWeb Page on a PDA where an inventory app is running over GST to improve or solve things.

XulRunner could be "incrusted" for "native" execution of XUL files, and interfaces over XUL could be possible for Desktop applications when a Web look is not the best way to sell the product.

What do you think about all of this? Could be possible to work with "Main Tools" of an image from Web? I'm crazy? (yes, crazy, but funny :D)