Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Q] GST support TCP on Windows?

From: S.J.Chun
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Q] GST support TCP on Windows?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:14:20 +0900

I solved that problem by rebuilding GST 3.0b with MinGW. Now I can load
Swazoo package but I cannot run the test code in wiki. If I open
http://localhost:8888/helloworld.html with my firefox web browser, the system
load (examined using windows task manager) goes 100% of CPU usage.

To me, it is rather too early to use Smalltalk for creating file service
server; now
I'm finding another way for doing this. T_T

Portability between Linux, Windows and Mac OS X is biggest consideration of
this project and I thought Smalltalk(Squeak or GST) might be best solution
for this work. But after some testing even Smalltalk is great
environment/platform,
this kind of task might not be appropriate for it.

Thank you, if you have any suggestion or fix please let me know.