Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Couldn't install GST 3.0.4 on Windows
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:58:27 +0200

> When compiling 3.0c, it gives this error:
>
> http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hatagst2gl1.jpg

Good, thanks.

> After applying the patch, while compiling, 3.0.4 gives this error:
>
> http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4597/hatagst3zj4.jpg

Don't worry about that error.  You modified scripts/Package.st but you
lack some tools needed to rebuild the man page ("Sistem belirtilen yolu
bulamiyor" or something like that).  Do a ": > doc/gst-package.1" and
redo "make".

It should give the same error that you got in the previous attempt
(something like "mkdir C:\msys\blah\blahC:"), but with the four
debugging lines that you see at the top of
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4597/hatagst3zj4.jpg -- and which I
need to fix the bug.

> Maybe
> that is the reason of the error? Unfortunately I forgot to take the screenshot
> of that and I don't have time to try it again :(

Well, I don't care much about 3.0.3 right now.

Thanks in advance,