Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Swazoo and multipart post

From: Janko Mivšek
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Swazoo and multipart post
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:18:17 +0100

Paolo Bonzini wrote:
nico wrote:

Trying to port Aida to gst, I found a bug with multipart posts : it
makes gst freeze.

I also tried Seaside functional tests (the multipart form test), and gst
freezes too.

I tried to debug it without any success (I'm not a Sawzoo expert).

Is this a known bug?

Probably; it's a pretty new feature in Swazoo 2.2.

Any change you can capture the HTTP request?

I chatted with Nico about that problem on IRC and it seems there is infinite recursion somewhere in the Swazoo code. CPU is on 100% and memory grows.

So I propose that a breakpoint is to be put somewhere at the start of request parsing (let say HTTPRequest class #newFor:readFrom:) and step through until the freeze. I think a thorough inspection of the methods on the way will reveal some missing ^ or similar traditional error to get in infinite recursion soon.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek