Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst & scripting

From: Mehul N. Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst & scripting
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2008 02:47:34 -0500

Paolo Bonzini said the following on 12/08/2008 12:58 PM:

1.  Can gst be used in #! type scripts ?  Based on what I recall from a
3-4 years ago, it was possible to do so, but I am unable to find the
syntax that is correct for it.

Yes, the suggested one is this:

#! /bin/sh
"exec" "gst" "-f" "$0" "$@"

which finds gst in the path.  The quotes make the shell command look
like a comment to gst.

This seems to work, though still need the ability to add "!".

2. Presuming the syntax is #!/usr/bin/gst,  using smalltalk-mode.el to
work on a script, I run into the problem that after I type the "#",
pressing the "!" key will not print anything on the screen.  Is there
something I am doing wrong ?  Probably the assumption in #1 is incorrect ?

It's a bug in smalltalk mode.

Any known work arounds ?