[Help-smalltalk] gst scripting

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gst scripting
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 12:28:21 -0500

gst version:  3.0.3
Linux dist:  Debian/testing

I have a few questions about suing gst for scripting:

1. Can gst be used in #! type scripts ? Based on what I recall from a 3-4 years ago, it was possible to do so, but I am unable to find the syntax that is correct for it.

2. Presuming the syntax is #!/usr/bin/gst, using smalltalk-mode.el to work on a script, I run into the problem that after I type the "#", pressing the "!" key will not print anything on the screen. Is there something I am doing wrong ? Probably the assumption in #1 is incorrect ?

cheers,

    mehul