[Help-smalltalk] Tracer tool

From: Gwenael Casaccio
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Tracer tool
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:26:39 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a tool that trace the excecution of the block (I need to know
all the objects and methods touched by the block and the methodes inside these
methods). With something like this :

[ blablabla ] trace.

So I want to mark the context with a flag to know if the current context is
traced or not and in the method send_message I simply look at the flag in the
current context and store the result or not.

I've looked at the VM code and it seems that the contexts are allocated with
the method  alloc_stack_context. So in this method I initialise the trace
variable with 0. But when I'm in the new primitive VMpr_BlockClosure_trace the
value of the trace variable of the parent context is not 0. Are there others
place where the context are initialized ?

Cheers,
Gwenael