[Help-smalltalk] Seaside, some questions...

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Seaside, some questions...
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 13:37:33 +0200

Hello.

Some friends of me and I thought about a new WEB-Site, and I might want to implement it with gst and seaside, but therefore, I have some open questions... (and maybe some more experienced user of gst and seaside than me, could answer my questions here).

- How do you secure the config-site of seaside with - at minimum - a user/password? (I tried a load into squeak, and it asked me for a user/password combination, but where is it saved, that I could set it in gst "by hand"? Or is it because of the difference between swazoo and comanche. And if so, how do you workaround it.)

- Do you hide the /seaside/ path somehow for the user?

- Do you really need the halos for development? (And if so, how do you activate them. I know the entry about seaside on http://smalltalk.gnu.org, but I couldn't add something like WAToolConfiguration to the configuration of my application. My page looked like: http://up.picr.de/2368288.jpg

Would be nice to get some tipps from you.

Thanks in advance,
Joachim.