Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] gst-remote not working on amd64

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: [bug] gst-remote not working on amd64
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:33:42 +0200

Please send me the output of "gcc --print-multi-os-directory" and check that you don't have a config.cache file lying around in the build directory.

Output is: "../lib" and I've searched for a config.cache in the smalltalk checkout directory and nothing was found.

Also check libc.la in the build directory to see if the installation was done correctly.

Even in the libc.la in the smalltalk dir is the "libdir='/lib'" content.

Did today again a cvs checkout -d ... and an autoreconf -vi ./configure make make install before I tried it and posted the message. Should I modify the libc.la by hand to /lib64 before the make?

I don't know enough (nothing!) about the automake/autoconf etc. tools for a build, but I know, that Debian (which is my system) uses an old version of libtool (1.5.26) I know that ubuntu is using a much newer version. But the newer versions have some incompatibilities...

Joachim.