Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:39:17 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

I'm sorry, but I think that I miss something in my code. Even with the index-method in the right category, I couldn't reach my "application" (big word for a 5-liner ;-) through http://localhost:7777/urpics.

In seaside for instance, I have to do additionally a: #registerAsApplication and I would think, that I miss something here.

Only with loading the classes into the vm, while swazoo is running, could that be all...? (I don't think so...)

Regards,
Joachim.

P.S.: I could help, writing something like a small tutorial (if you'd like), but I have to understand a bit more of it first.

Nicolas Petton schrieb:
Hi Joachim,

Your application is in fact running. You don't have to do anything to
make your application available, as long as it has a path.

The problem you encounter is that your application dispatchs the
request, but return a 404 error, because there is no view method in your
application.

The #index method should be the default view method, but its category
isn't 'views', so it isn't.  This may look a bit odd, but take a look at
Iliad.Application class >> selectorFilter and #defaultSelectorFilter,
you may understand it better.

By default, only methods in the 'views' protocol can be used as view
methods, so the fix here is very simple:
        <category: 'views'>
        ^[:e |
                e add: UnknownHome new build]
]

If you want, you can supply your own selectorFilter block and override
#dispatchOverride (see #dispatch method comment for more infos).

HTH,

Nico