Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [ANN] a new lightweight web framework for GST
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:29:20 +0200

Not only do you start eminently interesting and possibly
highly important things when I have no time to play, you
also are mailing faster than I can keep up with checking
things on my box...

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:11:23 +0200
Joachim Jaeckel <address@hidden> wrote:

> (But nevertheless, I discovered some differences between gst and
> gst-remote, e.g. the order is very important for gst-remote in which
> you load the several files into the vm. Otherwise, gst-remote will
> print out warnings about not existent classes.)

That is true ... I had to put UnknownHome in front of
UrPicsApplication.

It might be a clue to where the problem is, though.
What, if the filed in class definition are handled
in a way that the code does not end up where we expect
it to?

$ gst -I iliad.im jj.st -
GNU Smalltalk ready

st> Processor activeProcess suspend
^C
st> Iliad.Application categoryOfElement: #index inClassOrSuperclass:
UrPicsApplication
'views'
st>

$ gst-remote --server -f jj.st -I iliad.im
$ gst-remote -e "(Iliad.Application categoryOfElement: #index
inClassOrSuperclass: UrPicsApplication) printNl"
'still unclassified'

ho hum ...

s.