Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:49:25 +0200

Thanks a lot Nicolas!

The session is correctly handled! :-)

Thanks again for your support!

It's great. Everything is working!

Now I'll start with the datbase connection.

As I see it correctly, there is only one type of session for the whole vm, isn't it?

Do you think (currently it's not neccessary for me, but maybe for other installations...) it would be possible in the future, to configure a session class for a specific application? (Even though, I think there would be not a great differences in the session-types... The reason, why I need a special Session, is a database-connection, which should be closed, if the session is closed. Other data could go into the preferences of the session...)

Otherwise, the general database-connection could also go as an class-variable into the application...

How do you handle database-connections with Iliad in your Applications?
(In my perl-framework, I use a db-connection for every request, but I was thinking about using a connection pooling...)

But let me note another thing:

I have sometimes with my login-dialog the phänomenon, that I get the
"Object: nil error: did not understand 'anyDataReady"

This comes up, with or without the special Session class, and even in the old-code (I think it was revision 1342 that I was using before today). Not every time I press the save or cancel button in this dialog, only sometimes. (Mostly if I click several times on the forget_password link and than on one of the save or cancel button.

Currently it seems to me, that everything is working as expected, even if this error is thrown, but maybe someone would like to have a look into it...

Thanks again and best regards,
Joachim.