Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming

From: Joachim Jaeckel
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: sessions and streaming
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:35:11 +0200

In fact, Iliad is kind of designed to run one app at the time (per vm),
similar to RubyOnRails (even if it's not completely true).

That's how I always deployed my web apps, so it was natural for me to
make Iliad work this way.

Of course you can have several apps, as there are several examples
running when you load Iliad-More-Examples package, but for instance they
share the same Public directory.

The problem is that you may want to use different applications, with
different paths, for a given web app. Let's say you have an app for user
management, and another one for something else. In this scenario, you
want to keep your session when going from one app to the another one, so
you can't set different session classes for each app.

Ah, ok. No problem. I think, this should only be known.
(Don't know, if that was so clear to the other's.)

Maybe this is something for the Documentation of the Iliad web-site?

Best regards,
Joachim.