Re: [Help-smalltalk] what does gst-load load?

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] what does gst-load load?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 08:40:50 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:45:48 +0200
Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> > I was a bit surprised by the output of gst-load -v OnlineTester
> > when I tried loading my current package:

> > All but the last package are sitting in ~/.st, but even after
> > RTFM I did not find where it says that gst-load gobbles all
> > of them up. I had expected to only load the contents of the
> > last, OnlineTester.star
>
> gst-load loads all dependencies of your packages (the <prereq> tags'
> contents).  I don't remember them all, but definitely Sport depends
> on Sockets, Swazoo depends on Sport, Iliad-Swazoo depends on Swazoo,
> Iliad-More-Magritte depends on Magritte, and your own package depends
> on Iliad and so on.

Rest assured I forgot to mention the contents of the package.xml file:

<package>
  <name>OnlineTester</name>
  <namespace>OnlineTester</namespace>
  <filein>models/OTFrage.st</filein>
  <filein>models/OTInfo.st</filein>
  <filein>models/OTAufgabe.st</filein>
  <filein>models/OTTest.st</filein>
  <file>models/OTFrage.st</file>
  <file>models/OTInfo.st</file>
  <file>models/OTAufgabe.st</file>
  <file>models/OTTest.st</file>
  <file>doc/einTest.st</file>
</package>

_No_ prereqs at all, still the ~/.st/*.star got loaded.

s.