Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: html element id facility?

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: html element id facility?
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:02:37 +0200

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:42:37 +0200
Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le vendredi 26 juin 2009 à 09:23 +0200, Stefan Schmiedl a écrit :
> > Hi Nico,
> >

> Hi Stefan,
>

> > does Iliad have any facility for generating unique element ids
> > (like nextId in Seaside)?
> >

> Yes, you can use Iliad.Id or Iliad.Session>>nextId
>
> e div id: self session nextId.
> e div id: Id new.

Will I break something if I stupidly mix these two different ways?

> > I've been brooding about how to work with labels and checkboxes
> > being used in a list of multiple choice questions.
>
> Maybe I should write something about forms and actions in Iliad?

You can write whatever you want on Iliad, I'll read it :-)

> It basically works like anchors:
>
> | form |
> form := e form.
> form checkbox
>       action: [:boolean | self doSomethingWith: boolean];
>       checked: true.
> form button
>       text: 'submit'

I am coming to this later today .-)

My current plan is to _not_ use any forms, instead have every
radiobutton submit a request to the server after being activated.
Probably some
        e radioButton onChange: [...]
thing I assume.

On a side note:

I'll have lots of places showing things like

  6*9=42   o true   o false   o don't know

hence I feel the strong need for collecting label and radiobutton into
a single object, which would be descendant of Element, right?
Ideally, I'll end today having code like

  [:e |
    e text: '6*9=42'.
    model answers do: [ :a |
      e radioButton: a label; onChange: [ whatever: a value ]
    ]
  ]

Thanks,
s.