Re: [Help-smalltalk] catching exceptions...

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] catching exceptions...
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 00:02:02 +0200

On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:35:26 +0200
Joachim Jaeckel <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Interestingly enough, the same question was answered in an Iliad
> > thread...
>
> Ups, sorry Paolo!
>
> But I understand the iliad thread as "how to print additional and
> nicer information.
>
> I didn't get, that that thread was answered there...

The problem was that the backtrace given by a naive

        error context backtrace

shows the callstack on the Swazoo side of the fence, i.e.
is totally irrelevant to your localizing the bug.

I needed the solution using "outerContext home", which will be folded
into #signalingContext (nice choice of words) to display the backtrace
leading into "my" code.

s.