Re: [Help-smalltalk] GtkLauncher is dead long live to VisualGST

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GtkLauncher is dead long live to VisualGST
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:29:48 +0200

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 10:19:59 +0200
Stefan Schmiedl <address@hidden> wrote:

> How about moving Implementors and Senders from the Smalltalk menu
> over into the Tools menu? They look like really helpful tools to
> me :-)

Could you set the initial input focus to the text box in these two tools?

And while the Implementors work fine, I have a timing issue with Senders:
Open Senders, enter slowly   d  i  v, selector list shows dive
now, if I enter div fast enough, I end up with "vid" in the text field
and the list box is centered around "id" but not highlighting anything.

I guess the immediate scrolling takes long enough so that the next character
is already inserted before the position of insertion mark has been moved
forward.

Is it possible to delay the lookup a bit? So that the list lookup occurs
only after, say 0.5 s of inactivity?

s.