Re: [Help-smalltalk] GtkLauncher is dead long live to VisualGST

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GtkLauncher is dead long live to VisualGST
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:41:13 +0200

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 15:28:29 +0200
Gwenaël Casaccio <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems that g_thread_init () is not called but I've not this problem
> (what is your distro, version of webkit-gtk ... )

Linux g128 2.6.27-gentoo-r7-0701 #1 SMP Wed Jul 1 02:01:30 CEST 2009 x86_64
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

WebKit was configured with the following options:

Build configuration:
 Enable debugging (slow)                                  : no
 Enable GCC build optimization                            : yes
 Code coverage support                                    : no
 Unicode backend                                          : icu
 Font backend                                             : pango
 Optimized memory allocator                               : yes
Features:
 3D Transforms                                            : no
 JIT compilation                                          : yes
 Dashboard support                                        : yes
 Filters support                                          : yes
 Geolocation support                                      : no
 GNOME Keyring support                                    : no
 JavaScript debugger/profiler support                     : yes
 HTML5 offline web applications support                   : yes
 HTML5 channel messaging support                          : no
 HTML5 client-side session and persistent storage support : yes
 HTML5 client-side database storage support               : yes
 HTML5 video element support                              : yes
 Icon database support                                    : yes
 SVG support                                              : yes
 SVG animation support                                    : yes
 SVG fonts support                                        : yes
 SVG foreign object support                               : yes
 SVG as image support                                     : yes
 SVG use element support                                  : yes
 WML support                                              : no
 Web Workers support                                      : yes
 XPATH support                                            : yes
 XSLT support                                             : yes
GTK+ configuration:
 GDK target                                               : x11
 Hildon UI extensions                                     : no

> here is a small patch don't know if it solves your problem : in
> gst-gtk.c in gst_gtk_init ()
> before gtk_init (&argc, &argv); add this line :
>
> if (!g_thread_supported ()) g_thread_init (NULL);

if by "before" you mean "after", then it works :-)

> and in the Makefile.am
>
> update gst_gtk_la_LDFLAGS with
> gst_gtk_la_LDFLAGS = $(gst_module_ldflags) -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt
> -lglib-2.0

Now I see a "Unable to load page" message, but I guess that's
because the "GTK+ Reference Manual" lives in
file:///usr/share/gtk-doc/html/gtk/index.html
on my box.

NB: I've also registered on visualgst.bioskop.fr, if you approve of
me, I might find another opportunity to feed your issue tracker
instead of this list :-)

Thanks for your help in fixing this.

s.