[Help-smalltalk] Iliad: inconsitent encodings?

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: inconsitent encodings?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 02:01:54 +0200

So I finally managed to make my app maintain the gui in a nice ajax-based
way with only the tiniest amount of javascript code, thanks to nifty
jQuery selectors.

One thing is strange, though: I have a widget showing something related
to the current question and a few solutions to choose from (radio buttons).

Gerätetreiber    (*) weiß nicht  ( ) ja  ( ) nein

The first one (don't know) is selected by default. Now after clicking
on the second (yes), I get the following content:

Ger�tetreiber    ( ) wei� nicht  (*) ja  ( ) nein

I suspect that JSON based responses are passed along without going through
the same encoding steps as "normal" responses. I'm pretty sure that the
"normal" responses are converted somewhere, as I'm passing the text in
as ISO-8859-1 (well, actually win-1252) and the browser receives UTF-8,
JSON responses being the exception.

Nevertheless, it was a successful evening,
s.