Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Iliad] UI package

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] [Iliad] UI package
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 20:17:11 +0200

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:36:41 +0200
Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Also, I don't grok the names HorizontalPaned and VerticalPaned.
> > A HorizontalBox is a horizontal box, but a HorizontalPaned is
> >  - a horizontal pane?
> >  - a container for something horizontally paned?
>
> Yes, I took the class names from GTK. A *Paned is a container with 2
> panes.

GtkHPaned — A container with two panes arranged horizontally

so they are getting the "d" at the end from "horizontally paned".
HorizontalPaned scrapes against my English grammar bone.

It's in the same league as the HTTP header HTTP_REFERER, which
got into the standard in spite of the typo (should be referrer).
Things like that place a constant burden on the user, so I'm
going all Don Quixote on these things :-)

s.

--
Stefan Schmiedl
EDV-Beratung Schmiedl, Berghangstr. 5, D-93413 Cham