Re: [Help-smalltalk] VIsualGST in OSX

From: Damien Pollet
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] VIsualGST in OSX
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:33:38 +0200

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 22:47, Paolo Bonzini<address@hidden> wrote:
> As I said, this is most likely a bug in MacPorts and it's them you
> should complain to.

What would it be?

> Damien Pollet had the same problem and he's got it working now, but I'd
> understand if he was on holiday now. :-)

More or less :)

For me it woked after I set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that's because I
was using --prefix=$SOME_LOCAL_TEST_DIR
I think it should work (but I can't remember if it actually does) if
gst gets installed in /opt as a normal macports package.

To be honest the whole issue is a bit of a mystery to me, I don't get
why building C executables has to be such a pain.

I will have a look and try to submit a package to macports. Are any of
you lurking on the IRC channel?

--
Damien Pollet