[Help-smalltalk] Iliad: LTR vs RTL

From: Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: LTR vs RTL
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 16:30:18 +0300

Hi again,

Before I start reinventing the wheel, is there any consolidated way to
switch between Right-to-Left and Left-to-Right layouts (as in English
vs Arabic) in Iliad? I have more problems in this area, but the only
urgent one is this.

Our users may change UI language at any time, so (to remain within
Joachim Jaeckel's structure) I need to switch css in #pageUpdate AND
to change the layout in #pageTemplate, depending on the layout chosen
in the session.

Yet, this kinda looks like a problem just any CMS will have, so I
suppose there should be a way to manage it implemented or planned in
Iliad. So I'd rather check before producing lotsa duped code. I will
have to make extensions to this mechanism anyway, as we are requested
to manage (the heck knows how, at the moment) less common layouts,
like bottom-down (American Sign Language and Traditional Chinese use
them). But that part looks like of much lesser general interest, so I
sadly don't expect to find any "readymade" for it.

PS we are not making a CMS. We are making a huge dictionary from any
to any language. But the problems are ~ the same, in terms of UI
localization.

Berto

--
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement