Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: a stupid question about "stateful"

From: Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad: a stupid question about "stateful"
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:33:50 +0300

Hi!

> shooting from the hip, here's what I'd do:

Just pasted it into a Tomboy note... it's not really important that I
understand it all right now. It's important that there is a road to
get there. If there's a road, all it takes is time and will to get to
the result.

One more silly question, but not totally silly, after all. One of the
things that put off visitors of a site is that sometimes they *can*
have the GUI in their language, but in order to do so they have to
register in English. So, I was thinking that one of the things I could
translate was... the application path. English speakers (and spiders)
would find /index, while French speakers would find a /accueil etc...
It would look like lotsa sites, when in practice is just one, and it
would really cut away the language barrier most English-based sites
have on going abroad.

Now, if this was a large CMS, you'd probably not want to press too
much stuff in it for performance reasons, yet most small languages
could be grouped into one common mid-sized site like this. I say so
because I have loads of drupal installs to manage small language
communities and I really hate to work that much for so little traffic,
if I could have but a single admin place I'd feel *much* better. I
guess this would also help small languages in gaining web-space, since
most of the time people avoid implementing them because it's too much
work for the result.

Berto

--
Constitution du 24 juin 1793 - Article 35. - Quand le gouvernement