[Help-smalltalk] RE: OSX versus GST+GTK

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] RE: OSX versus GST+GTK
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 06:38:29 +0000 (GMT)

I will try it later at home.

Thanks otherwise.

Enviado usando Real Mail de Vodafone.

-----Original Message-----

From: "Paolo Bonzini" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:01:45 +0200
To: "Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz" <address@hidden>
CC: "GNU Smalltalk" <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: OSX versus GST+GTK

On 08/18/2009 01:08 AM, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Paolo, don't works.

I have no clue.  The fact that I could make it work on your machine (at
least I got it to load GTK and run a sample program, even though I saw
no window because I had no X display) just reinforces my convincement
that it's a MacPorts problem.

 > ./configure

Try "./configure --prefix=/opt/local" here.  But I think you already
tried and it did not work.

Seriously, however, I cannot understand why it is so complicated.  On my
older Mac it worked flawlessly.  Sorry, but at this point I'm not sure
how much I care.  If I have to spent time on this, I'd rather add some
mechanism that allows to take an image done for Linux and move it say to
Mac OS X with GTK-OSX.  And hope it works for you.