Re: [Help-smalltalk] FastCGI for gst

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] FastCGI for gst
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:25:53 +0200

On 10/07/2009 01:05 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
Hi,

I've been working with Sébastien Audier on a port of the squeak
implementation of the fcgi protocol.

For some reasons, porting it wasn't as easy as expected, but we finally
got it working:)

http://github.com/NicolasPetton/fcgi

There is still some work to do. Especially there is no put request or
multipart support, and adaptors still have to be written (WAFCGI is a
subclass of WAKom...).

It would be interesting to reuse the existing Swazoo interface, so that you can run Swazoo indifferently over HTTP or FastCGI. Then you'd get multipart support for free, I think. My repository's swazoo-pool branch refactors Swazoo so that you can accept connections, retrieve requests and print responses on something other than a plain socket, so this may be an idea for Swazoo 2.3/3.0... If you want I have the same changes in Monticello format too.

Does FCGI support streaming (i.e. Comet)? Kom does, so maybe it's a good sign that WAFCGI subclasses WAKom.