[Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions

From: Eli Green
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:38:16 +0200

Hi everyone,

I've been playing with Iliad for a few days now and am very impressed with what I've been able to accomplish so far. I've implemented a relatively simple data grid / table view which seems like a fairly basic thing to want to include in the stock Iliad distribution. As such, I've given it the IL prefix but obviously will change that if it doesn't interest anybody. This is a sample use of the table to display / edit a list of companies:

                e build: (ILPagedDataGrid new
                        items: (self model companies);
                        columnNames: #('Name' '' '');
                        column: 1 renderWith: [:el :company | el html: company
companyName];
column: 2 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text: 'edit'; action: [self editCompany: company]]; column: 3 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text: 'delete'; action: [self model companies remove: company]];
                        rowsPerPage: 5).

ILPagedDataGrid is a subclass of ILDataGrid so you don't need the pagination controls if you don't want them.

I envision this as a first step towards getting something similar to Django's administration web pages, but powered by Iliad and Magritte and maybe a handful of special class messages.

A few questions:
1. Is anybody interested in this? I have no problems with whatever licensing it needs to be under. 2. Is this the correct mailing list for this sort of thing? Should I be on an Iliad-specific list?
        3. Can this really be this easy? It seems like it ought to be harder.

Thanks,
Eli