Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad submissions
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:47:58 +0200

Hi Eli,

your datagrid sounds very interesting.

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:38:16 +0200
Eli Green <address@hidden> wrote:

> basic thing to want to include in the stock Iliad distribution. As
> such, I've given it the IL prefix but obviously will change that if it
> doesn't interest anybody.

If not in the base, then definitely as contribution included.

> This is a sample use of the table to
> display / edit a list of companies:
>
>               e build: (ILPagedDataGrid new
>                       items: (self model companies);
>                       columnNames: #('Name' '' '');
>                       column: 1 renderWith: [:el :company | el html: company
> companyName];
>                       column: 2 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text:
> 'edit'; action:
> [self editCompany: company]];
>                       column: 3 renderWith: [:el :company | el a text:
> 'delete'; action:
> [self model companies remove: company]];
>                       rowsPerPage: 5).
>
> ILPagedDataGrid is a subclass of ILDataGrid so you don't need the
> pagination controls if you don't want them.

nice. Can you add some code in there to provide in-place editing?
I've currently forgotten most of the bits I knew about jquery...

> A few questions:
>       1. Is anybody interested in this? I have no problems with whatever
> licensing it needs to be under.

I see a direct application in the next project I'm going to tackle with Iliad.

>       2. Is this the correct mailing list for this sort of thing? Should I
> be on an Iliad-specific list?
>       3. Can this really be this easy? It seems like it ought to be harder.

I wondered about that too ... :-)

s.