[Help-smalltalk] Iliad widgets can't update page information

From: Eli Green
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Iliad widgets can't update page information
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:06:21 +0200

Odd; I sent this message yesterday but it doesn't seem to have reached GNU's
servers...

I think there is a case for calling updatePage: on Widgets in Iliad. I would
like to implement a Map control - initially with a Google Maps implementation
but it would be cool if the backend could be pluggable so we could also use
Microsoft Live (Bing?) maps and Yahoo and whoever else.

Anyway, it involves adding some code to the body onLoad handler and adding some
.js files to the header. Is there a way now for a widget to do this or does the
Application have to? I think the easiest thing would be to have a list of
resources that each widget requires to make sure that they only get included
once, rather than forcing the developer of the Application to refer to the
correct javascript and CSS files in any application that uses them. I'm sure I
could think of instances where somebody would want to maps on the same page.