Re: [Help-smalltalk] Using Smalltalk as a scripting language

From: Roland Plüss
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Using Smalltalk as a scripting language
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 20:21:13 +0100

>> Now how to I attach personal data to a smalltalk object?
>
> You derive your class from CObject, or alternatively you embed a
> CObject in one of the instance variables.  A CObject can point to
> arbitrary malloced data.
Read about CObject in the docs. As far as I get you can mess with the
pointer from smalltalk code. But that's not what I want. I use memory
not as pointer but as live objects ( for example casting the memory to a
vector or matrix class ). So can I fully hide the allocated data from
smalltalk? I just want it to be accessible only through cCall functions.

By the way, thanks for the help. I'm nearly at the point where it works.
I just need to crack the user allocated data and error handling problem
and them I'm ready to rock ^.=.^

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland