Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Using Smalltalk as a scripting language

From: Roland Plüss
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Using Smalltalk as a scripting language
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 16:38:52 +0100

> On 10/31/2009 04:22 PM, Roland Plüss wrote:
>> Is there a macro
>> for the class side instance variables of Object? Or do I have to make
>> them on my own ( not a problem by itself ).
>>

> The latter.
Seems to have done the trick. I'm though not using anymore the macro
approach. I'm a bit allergic against those :P . Looks now like this (
maybe you can add this somewhere to the docs for others if they wanna
use it ).

struct csObject{
    OOP objSize;
    OOP objClass;
};

struct csClassObject : public csObject{
    OOP superclass;
    OOP subClasses;
    OOP methodDictionary;
    OOP instanceSpec;
    OOP instanceVariables;
    OOP name;
    OOP comment;
    OOP category;
    OOP environment;
    OOP classVariables;
    OOP sharedPools;
    OOP securityPolicy;
    OOP pragmaHandlers;
};

Hence I used it now like this:

struct csEngineClass : public csClassObject{
    OOP uniqueInstance;
};

struct csEngine : public csObject{
    /* wrapped c++ data */
};

Now it works and I can inject the uniqueInstance from c++ land.

--
Yours sincerely
Plüss Roland

Leader and Head Programmer