[Help-smalltalk] basic syntax questions

From: LordGeoffrey
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] basic syntax questions
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 12:24:09 +1000

Hi
I am trying to get started with gnu-smalltalk, and i have a couple trivial questions. I can't find a sample st script that uses the [ ] delimiters rather than the fileOut ! version.

The following code works. But if i move the definition of new into the definition Account init is not called. Don't know why.
Also i do a snapshot at the end, is that the right approach?

The code>>
Object subclass: Account [
   | balance |
   hi [