Re: [Help-smalltalk] Anyone willing to maintain the Squeak port of Ilia

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Anyone willing to maintain the Squeak port of Iliad?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:05:26 +0100

> I don't think there's a major conflict here - I think somebody clever enough
> to write
> Smalltalk code is clever enough to remember that it's "Iliad." in GNU but
> "IL" in Squeak.

But the Iliad namespace is almost always imported automatically, since
deriving a class from Iliad.Widget will automatically look up symbols in
the Iliad namespace.  So it's not apparent where "IL" has to be added;
you'd end up doing one of these:

1) writing more complicated code than necessary;

2) writing code using Squeak conventions and tell GNU Smalltalk
users to adapt.

I agree with your definition of "uglified" source WRT prefixes, but I'm not
sure I like either possibility.