RE: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Windows build

From: Ang Beepeng
Subject: RE: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Windows build
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:03:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

Still not working. I saw this

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -liconv.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libiconv but no candidates were found. (...for file magic test)

*** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module iconv.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.

*** However, this would only work if libtool was able to extract symbol
*** lists from a program, using `nm' or equivalent, but libtool could
*** not find such a program.  So, this module is probably useless.
*** `nm' from GNU binutils and a full rebuild may help.

Does it help?

I did these:

autoreconf --force -v -i
env CC=gcc-4 ./configure --disable-generational-gc
make
http://askoh.net/mmu/beepeng/Smalltalk/GNU/video/20091214/gst20091214.html

Can you share me your successful build of gst? Are they with debugging
symbol?

Thanks.

Ang Beepeng