Understanding how projects work (was Re: [Help-smalltalk] Windows build)

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Understanding how projects work (was Re: [Help-smalltalk] Windows build)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 14:46:46 +0100

On 12/14/2009 02:35 PM, Tim Menzies wrote:
see, the other options is that someone offers their pre-compiled
binaries for windows on some public site

See, I've been planning to do this for a while and hope to get to it during the holidays finally. But Ang needs to develop, so she cannot rely on binaries.

Since this is a volunteer project, I'm totally fed up of reading things such as:

- "a user is trying to build on Windows and you just ask why don't you try on Linux" after 20 messages in which I and Freddie tried to help Ang.

- "someone offers their pre-compiled binaries for Windows" after this plan has been mentioned 200 times. _Someone_ has a day-job too.

If something has been mentioned 200 times, the only reason why it's worthwhile to say it the 201st, is if you decide to be the "someone".

If you think I suck as a maintainer because I don't provide Windows binaries, fine with me, but then call things with their name please.