Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-package

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] gst-package
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 13:46:14 +0100

On 01/02/2010 01:43 PM, Gwenael Casaccio wrote:
Hi,

I'm working an a new command for displaying packages inside a
repository. Basicly it will download a file (repository.xml) and parse
it so we have the list of packages inside a repository.

Uhm, you want me to do that in PHP too for smalltalk.gnu.org... ;-)

I would like to make some small changes to the pckloader.st create a new
namespace Package instead of Kernel ?? and split the one file in
multiple file (or directory). Do you agree or not :D ?

Naming the namespace Package is a problem because you'd have a Package class within a same-name namespace. I agree that putting them in Kernel is suboptimal. For 3.2 I'd rather keep things as is, we have to start the stabilization somewhere.