Re: [Help-smalltalk] OS X gst-remote problem

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] OS X gst-remote problem
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 19:11:41 +0100

I suppose something like

export LIBTOOLIZE=/opt/local/bin/glibtoolize

in .bash_profile would make it...

cool...

But! I suppose inserting the above in my .bash_profile would hose and
MacPort builds that uses /usr/bin/libtool - the one from Apple? Is
there a way to point *only* your GST code (from git) to the
/opt/local/ tree?

No, /usr/bin/libtool is a totally different tool than GNU libtool. It is a kind of replacement for ar, it does not include a compiler wrapper etc. like GNU libtool; and it does not come with a libtoolize. Confusing, yes.

But libtool is _never_ invoked, only libtoolize. The problem is that if you use MacPorts aclocal and Apple libtoolize, you get libtool.m4 from MacPorts and ltmain.sh from Apple. So the above line will just make the invocation of libtoolize correct, and it won't break anything that uses Apple's libtool.