Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is this a GST noob list?

From: Stefan Schmiedl
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Is this a GST noob list?
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:50:43 +0100

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (MST)
Duke Normandin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hey List....
>
> It just occurred to me to ask whether this list is strictly a GST
> developers' venue, or can a OOP/Smalltalk/GNU-Smalltalk noob ask
> elementary questions here? Or would I be better off learning the OOP
> a-la-Smalltalk somewhere else?

It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, so in a case
like that I'd just go ahead and post until being told to go away :-)

Depending on what you learn, your questions might be relatively
closely related to our beloved gst anyways.

> I ask, because to date my questions have been about getting GST to run
> on my system. I do not want to presume - based on you guys help so
> far, especially Paulo - that this list is a OOP/Smalltalk "teaching"
> venue. TIA...

Well, if you're feeling bad about it, put what you learned into
blog posts on smalltalk.gnu.org. Then we can point other folks
to that page, and nothing goes to waste.

Have fun,
s.