Re: [Help-smalltalk] What's wrong with this script??

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] What's wrong with this script??
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:23:59 -0800

On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 18:13:43 -0500, Mehul Sanghvi
<address@hidden>
wrote:
> Thanks Paolo.  So where/when/what version of ST  should new syntax be
used
> ?
>
> Is this a GST thing or a ST thing in general ?  I don't recall seeing
> the old syntax
> in the "Smalltalk, Objects, and Design' book, but then it could be
> that I was not
> paying too much attention.
>
> I have seen it in the GST info pages, but that's the only place.

I can't speak for what versions support which type (old,new) but I do know
that if you read the "computer programming using GNU smalltalk" book that
was released last year, they push the new style format (see page 61)..
I believe this is mostly GST specific for the most part.. I don't think
any
of the other ST players (Cincom, Pharoah, Squeak,etc) have one particular
standard they follow -- there are conversion tools to move between the
dialects..

HTH!