Re: [Help-smalltalk] Help needed for gst-remote

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Help needed for gst-remote
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 02:03:32 +0100

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 19:52:58 Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> the weird part is that this ip is not any address on my interface, not even
> of my current networks. I will poke Remote.st after dinner...

I don't pretend to understand everything. The weird IP Address I was seeing is
the "TCP.IPAddress anyLocalAddress" address. So apparently I have a bogus
entry in /etc/hosts which was picked up.

My two questions. Wouldn't it make sense for the Remote.st to use the
loopbackHost selector instead of the anyLocalAddress? And the second one is...
instead of getting the hostname and then trying to resolve it, couldn't we
iterate over the interfaces and pick the ips from them?

regards
        holger