[Help-smalltalk] Re: Please: less license blahblah, more actual progress

From: stephane ducasse
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: Please: less license blahblah, more actual progress on the issue
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 22:07:21 +0100

On Mar 9, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 18:53, stephane ducasse
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks thanks thanks thanks for a refresh on that!
>> Thanks!
>
> Stef, instead of thanking five times, why don't you try to do
> something constructive?

do you think that pharo is not constructive enough :)

> The GPLv3 includes a system of granting Additional Permissions.  This
> system has already been used by GCC and Autoconf.  Let's develop a set
> of additional permissions that we believe do not "taint" the whole
> image.  I placed a starting point at
> http://smalltalk.gnu.org/blog/bonzinip/towards-permissive-copyleft-license-dynamic-languages
>
> [To those that followed the entire thread: this is totally independent
> of how any GSoC code related to GNU Smalltalk will be licensed].

Paolo what I learned is that I want to be as far as possible from license
problems.
So I avoid them simply
        either I would do GPL/dual licensing to get company pay to get it.
        or MIT because I understand it.

I know this is naive but I hate licenses! They fucked up our lives.
Stef