[Help-smalltalk] Help for SUnit, Packages and Seaside

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Help for SUnit, Packages and Seaside
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 06:18:51 +0100

Hi All,

I need some basic/beginner help for using GNU Smalltalk. I want to enable the
Halo's of Seaside and I ran into an error. The halo's use Compiler features
not in the default kernel of GNU Smalltalk. So I was loading the "Compiler"
package and now my error is a bit different.

Now I have a couple of beginner questions and I would be very happy to receive
some hints and then poke that stuff a bit more.

        - Packages and SUnit. How do I run the Seaside tests? I'm not really
sure how to use gst-suinit to run all tests, gst-load takes a -t option but
does not seem to run tests? So what is the best way to run the SUnit tests of
Seaside?

        - FileStream fileIn: and namespaces. In an attempt to load the test
cases
I was using FileStream fileIn: to load the Seaside-*-Test.st files but it
mostly
fails because most symbols are in the Seaside namespace. Is there a selector
that I can specifiy a target namespace?

        So something like: FileStream fileIn: 'Seaside-Tests.st' withNamespace:
'Seaside'?

        - Is there any goal to update the Seaside version inside the GNU
smalltalk?

thanks a lot
        holger