Re: [Help-smalltalk] Help for SUnit, Packages and Seaside

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Help for SUnit, Packages and Seaside
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 09:41:59 +0100

On Saturday 20 March 2010 08:11:51 you wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 06:18, Holger Hans Peter Freyther

> This should be done automatically by PackageLoader.

How? There should be a <prereq>Compiler</prereq> in a package.xml? git
grep didn't find any such occurrence. Am I too blind?

> >        - Packages and SUnit. How do I run the Seaside tests? I'm not
> > really sure how to use gst-suinit to run all tests, gst-load takes a -t
> > option but does not seem to run tests? So what is the best way to run
> > the SUnit tests of Seaside?
>
> gst-sunit -pSeaside

ah thanks, I have also found gst-package --test package.xml to be nice. Is
there any kind of documentation for best practices on development? I see that
we do have Behavior edit: aSelector that opens up emacs. But I wonder how we
deal with SUnit test failures.. more below.

> >        - Is there any goal to update the Seaside version inside the GNU
> > smalltalk?
>
> Nicolas Petton started working on Grease, I'll take a look when 3.0 is
> out or when I'm less busy at work.

I saw his Grease git repository on GitHub and cloned it before reading your
email. Right now I tried to write a String capitalized selector but the test
case is still failing as the test case is using german umlaute and that is not
part of the Charachter LookupTable...