Re: [Help-smalltalk] PG error

From: Bèrto ëd Sèra
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] PG error
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:21:57 +0300

Hi!

I suppose a number of people are going to share my ignorance, so I
post this to the general list. I need to produce a gdb trace for a
probable bug in the gst - postgresql interface. This is my first time
ever with gbd, so I dig out a guide for it and find it here:
http://linux.bytesex.org/gdb.html

My software is Ilad based, so it actually runs out of a bash script,
gdb seems to want an executable. So okay, I'll try and make it step by
step. I run (as a normal user)
address@hidden ambaradan]$ gdb gst-remote
GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (6.8.50.20090302-40.fc11)
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu".
(gdb) --eval 'Iliad.SwazooIliad stop'
Undefined command: "--eval".  Try "help".
(gdb) run --eval 'Iliad.SwazooIliad stop'
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gst-remote --eval 'Iliad.SwazooIliad stop'

0x00007ffff7d497bc in _gst_dictionary_add
(dictionaryOOP=0x7fab157eb030, associationOOP=0x7fab157f5000) at
dict.c:1863
1863          SET_ASSOCIATION_VALUE (associationOOP, value);

Now... this is obviously a problem with what I'm doing on gdb, since I
never had a problem in executing this command form inside the script.
Where am I going wrong?

Bèrto